Direkt zum Hauptbereich
An Old Radio, Short Wave Sampling and the Beauty of the Ages

I found this old radio on a garage sale about two weeks ago and got it for about 8 dollars.




I thought of using the speaker and the case, but when testing it at home I found out, that it worked perfectly.

It is about 60 years old and sounds really good.
I´m thinking of doing some short wave sampling to feed my granular processor with new raw material.

I will have to make an antenna though. There is a terribly bad radio reception in my flat.
And while thinking of the best way to build such an antenna I came upon a second old radio of the same brand (just a few years younger). There are some problems with the volume knob. I opened the case therefore and I´m fascinated by these old electronic parts in it. 





They are simply beautiful!
(By the way: there is even the skeleton of a dead spider in the radio.)

I´ll keep you informed about the whole project, which you can also follow on
www.rofilm-media.net in some days.
Enjoy your day!
Rolf

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

ome fFirst Results of Working with my "Sonic Electron Microscope" or: Extracting Sounds for Sample Players Just a short preview of a little example, which I demonstrate and explain in my next tutorial about granular synthesis. It´s about granular extractions from field recording for sample players and it´s going to be tutorial 19 in the series about accSone´s CrusherX, but it contains a lot of basic methods and techniques, which are quite independent from a certain granular processor. The tutorial is about 3 hours long and will be available around the end of June 2018. Please visit http://www.rofilm-media.net from time to time to stay up to date.   Enjoy your day! Rolf